Romans 10:14

How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him ​whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without ​a preacher?

Friday, March 26, 2010

Dirty Mirrors

I wonder why people assume I don't swear, gamble, drink, smoke, cheat or party just because I'm a Pastor...I don't do those things (and many others) because I don't think they are consistent with a mindset dedicated to pursuing holiness rather than worldliness as I am commanded to do by my Lord. It is difficult enough to remain unentangled by the world in it's countless subtle or insidious areas. I can never completely forsake worldliness while dabbling in it, so, I think it's prudent to abandoned those activities that are tangible, controllable and if a choice had to be made, would fall on the ungodly rather than Godly side!

It is impossible to see a clear, accurate image in a dirty mirror. So we take it upon ourselves to clean it only to find that some areas are stubborn and some are easily removed. This is how I see my ongoing desire to seperate from the world. I'll remove those things that are easy to remove and improve my clarity to the world as a Christian. But those stubborn areas that remain I will take before the Lord.

No comments: